Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Busy weekend.  Yesterday I went to watch Ben swim in a meet in Owensboro.  His times were good, but not good enough to qualify for state, which he really wanted.  You know, I thought after Martie and Jennie were grown, I was through with the pain and anguish that can go with childhood sports, but in a way it is even worse with the grands.  I wanted this for Ben so bad...and seeing Jennie and Brent hurting for him makes the hurt double!!!!  And, yes, I know...it is not that important, but you want your kids and grandkids to have what they want...But...Ben has just started being serious about swimming this year and he IS only ten years old.  He will be fine...as a matter of fact, he forgets it a long time before the rest of us do!   LOL.
Anyway, today Baker was still sick, so I stayed with her while Jen and Brent both went with Ben...he still didn't qualify, but Jen said he came so very close.  At least, that is one weekend they can stay home...and not have to run to a swim meet.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment